Click here to watch an interview with Terrie on Why Culture Matters.
Terrie is the Founder of Empower Health America (EHA), a research and evidence-based engagement and change management company whose vision is “To transform lives, communities, organizations, and the world by encouraging self-study and empowering mindful action.”
Empower Health America provides service solutions focused on individual, team and organizational change. Terrie has over 25 years of business and consulting experience and takes a systems approach with her clients by focusing on the culture, the processes and the people. She believes change starts at the individual level so leadership and employee awareness and development are a primary focus. Key areas include: engagement and performance, health and well-being, readiness to change and personal and professional development and empowerment.
Terrie is a change agent, seasoned consultant, and master speaker/facilitator/coach and she has designed and implemented over 200 interventions with a wide-range of clients.
Short list of partners/clients: Brighthouse Financial, ORC Real Estate Solutions, Studio Architects, Domino’s Pizza, Queens University, HopeWay, Intelligent Building, GCI Residential, Edible Arrangements, Lance Snyder, Glen Raven Mills, Sunbelt Rentals, Presbyterian College, American and Efird, Mary Black Hospital System, City of Woodstock and nonprofits, Carolina Breast Friends and SHARE Charlotte.
Terrie has reached millions of people through television, video, workshops, events, conferences, speaking engagements and consulting. Interested in having Terrie facilitate a program or speak at an event? Click here.
As a researcher and innovator Terrie created and trademarked a holistic well-being model called, Ideal Being®, and a life inventory assessment called, Train For Life®. To help individuals, teams and organization make sustainable change, she developed The Train For Life® Coaching Method. Terrie uses her proprietary tools when appropriate, but leverages other evidence-based coaching methods and assessments based on her clients needs and goals. You will see the integration of her research around readiness to change, human performance and empowerment, and health and happiness in all the service solutions she provides.
- Creator of the Train For Life® Assessment, The Train for Life® Coaching Method, Ideal Being® Model, and supporting Train For Life® Empowerment Programs
- Creator of the Rising Stronger Empowerment Program designed to help cancer survivors not just cope, but thrive
- Active Board Member of Carolina Breast Friends (volunteerism, engagement and marketing)
- Volunteers her time by providing empowerment programs to local non-profits and young adults
- Key note speaker for over 200 corporate events, non-profit organizations, youth groups, professional associations, health and wellness summits and State and National SHRM conferences
- 2018 winner of Dancing With The Stars, part of a collaborative effort raising awareness and over $700,000 dollars for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Creator and editor of the Work Wise – Live Abundantly newsletter
- Host of 2 Scoops of Inspiration Podcast
- An on-air health franchise, Train for Life on News 14 reaching over 2.8 million viewers weekly;
- A weekly fitness segment for News 14 called Turn Back the Clock; and
- A wellness-focused segment called Wellness Wednesdays
- Google Search Inside Yourself Training and Whil Mindfulness Leadership Training
- WorkPlace Big Five certified
- Actualized Leadership certified (ALP)
- Intrinsic Coach certified – focus: executive, mid-level and individuals with a readiness to change
- Developed and facilitated a youth program entitled “Operation Jump-Start – Slam Dunk Wellness”
- Behavioral health and well-being writer with over 200 published articles
- Served as a White House ambassador for the first National Physical Fitness Day
- 3 time National Sportaerobics Champion
- Yoga Alliance certified – practicing and teaching for over 20 years
- Facilitator of over 10,000 hours of yoga, meditation, mindfulness, martial arts teaching and training
- Founder of the Train For Life Mindfulness and Yoga Academy through Yoga Alliance
- Co-creator and co-facilitator of Rising Stronger Yoga and Mindfulness 200 Teacher Training
- National fitness presenter – featured in Shape Magazine
- Producer of 10 national health and wellness videos including a boxing video with Sugar Ray Leonard
- Represented fitness products on TV and helped develop the home boxing product Slam Man
In 2003, Terrie launched Wellness Coalition America (WCA), a non-profit health advocacy company, and in 2005 merged WCA with Healthgram Medical, a third-party administrator of group health insurance. She remained on board for 10 years as President, managing the build-out and oversight of Healthgram’s health and well-being division.
Terrie shares why she developed the Ideal Being Model®, Train For Life Assessment® and Train For Life® Coaching Method. Spending over three decades in the health and wellness industry, and countless hours studying and researching readiness to change has broadened my perspective of health, happiness and human potential. I view the human body and its potential in a more holistic manner. As Westerners, we tend to take a narrow view at what impacts our lives and what constitutes healthy behavior. Going to the doctor, eating well, exercising, and getting proper sleep are all important aspects of well-being and affect human performance, but I believe there are many more factors that impact someone’s overall health, happiness and potential.”
“Mounting research, peer reviewed articles, and consistent findings from sources such as Gallup, World Health Organization and leading institutions like Johns Hopkins, University of Massachusetts and Duke Integrated Medicine have affirmed and fueled my perspective. This, along with my own life experiences, prompted 10 years of research and inspired me to develop a new well-being model (Ideal Being model) that invites individuals to take inventory of their lives in a more holistic manner. The model encourages people to broaden their perception of health and human potential and to move beyond well-being to what I have trademarked as, Ideal Being.” Definition of Ideal Being: Reaching a deep state of happiness and satisfaction in your life by feeling physically healthy, mentally happy and emotionally whole, based on what is important to you.
“The Train For Life Assessment invites an individual to examine their life across the 15 dimensions represented in the Ideal Being model. The assessment helps individuals becoming more aware of their current state, and awake to where they are motivated to take action and why. Coaching and empowerment programs can be facilitated to help individuals and groups take action, which is an important part of the change process. My ultimate goal is to empower individuals to change their behavior based on what is important to them. Transformation is not easy but possible.
After completion of the Train For Life Assessment, individuals can enroll in Train For Life Coaching and/or Empowerment Programs which uses traditional evidence-based coaching techniques while integrating the Train For Life Coaching Method. This integrated coaching approach helps individuals and groups thrive in their lives and at work. The programs and coaching components include:
- Personal awareness and core value alignment
- Readiness to change and motivation to take action
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Mindfulness and neuroscience
- Stress management and resiliency training
- Self-care and emotional regulation
- Intrinsic goal setting and intentional decision making
- Individual and leadership development and transformation
Terrie is completing her MSOD degree and coaching certificate at Queens University.
“You can only create in your life what you can envision in your mind.”
– Terrie Elizabeth Reeves
Interested in having Terrie facilitate a program or speak at an event? Click here.