Facilitator: Terrie Reeves
Sponsor Organization: SC Manufacturers Alliance
Audience: Human Research Professionals
Presentation length: 45 minutes
Below are some of the companies in attendance that provided feedback:
- Collum Lumber
- VTL Precision
- Operators Unlimited
- Mermet USA
- Nutramax Laboratories
- Springs Creative Product Group
- Suminoe Textile of America
- Sage Automotive Interiors
- Nephron Pharmaceuticals
- Inman Mills
- Palmetto Brick
- New Life Chemical and Equipment
- Propel HR
- Duer / Carolina Coil
- AHT Cooling Systems USA, Inc.
- ZF Transmissions Gray Court, LLC
The below comments reflect some of the audience feedback regarding the presentation.
What most resonated with you?
- How pausing to just take a moment can really help relieve stress.
- Percentage of DNA responsible for personality – amazing!
- Hearing how others deal with stress.
- How often I don’t remember to just pause and “be”.
- I often struggle and don’t ask for help when I need it. This presentation reminded me how important it is to ask for help.
- That I am stressed and tired and that is what is causing my irritability.
- Reminder of the importance to stop and evaluate. I just forget how important that is.
- The importance of the pause and becoming more mindful.
- Pausing before reacting.
- Reminder to take time and slow down.
- Great reminders for reducing stress.
- That I am not alone.
- Just take time to pause and breathe. What an important and great reminder.
- Self-care – The importance of taking care of myself so that I can take care of others at home and at work.
- How powerful the brain is.
- When triggered remember to pause and do self reflection before reacting.
- I enjoyed the whole session. I particularly liked the life inventory exercise.
- The power in the pause!
- Stress affects almost every aspect of my life and I have more control over my reactions than I thought.
- I found the session very educational.
- How much stress can affect my work.
- Learning to deal with triggers in a healthier fashion.
- I really like the 30 healthy reminders to reduce stress and that change is necessary for growth.
What action will you consider taking?
- Pause more! Life is too short not to live now and enjoy now.
- Take more time to take care of myself.
- Increase my exercise, yoga and meditation. I am going to work on not being so reactionary.
- Focus on me time and find better work-life balance.
- Start asking for help when I need it.
- Reduce stress by taking better care of myself.
- Focus on being more thankful and focus more on my quiet time and in prayer.
- Purposely scheduling more fun into my schedule.
- Incorporating the 30 healthy reminders to destress.
- Scheduling more time for myself to focus on what I love.
- Taking more time to better myself so that I can be more productive at home and at work.
- Start a gratitude journal and a fun things to do list.
- Focus on being more thankful and carving out more quiet time for prayer.
- Purposely scheduling more fun into my schedule.
- Taking more time to better myself so that I can be more productive for my company.
- I’m going to get a massage, start yoga and spend more time in nature.
- I’m gonna start doing more things to reduce stress by being more creative, exercising more and praying more.
- I am going to pause after I’m triggered so that I don’t react. I shut down and shut people out when I am reactionary and that definitely affects all my relationships.
- I love the 30 healthy ways to destress list. I hope to use this in multiple areas of my life… work and at home.
- I am going to pause more.
- Invest more time on myself for myself so that I will be healthier at work and at home.
- I am going to start volunteering.
- I am going to start acknowledging my triggers so that I can create a plan on how to better deal with my reactions.
- Start exercising again to help me focus on myself and make my health a priority.
- Additional comments:
- Thanks… I loved it!
- It was great to do some relaxing exercises during the presentation.
- Thank you for a great job.
- I learned a lot and you made the session fun and engaging.
- This information is going to help me at work and in my life.
- I left understanding a great deal more about the brain and how I can take better control of my life.
- Very dynamic and engaging speaker.
- Good session that was needed because we tend to put stress on the back burner.
- Great session! Thanks!
- Excellent session – great information on stress and how to better manage it.
- Great presentation – I especially liked the very open dialogue.
- Very enlightening and informative. Thank you!
- Love this! I would love for you to email me what you read to us at the end. It was beautiful 🙂
- Thank you! I really enjoyed it.
- Very powerful information and well delivered given the length of the session.
- I learned a lot about stress, triggers and ways to self regulate more effectively.
Change starts at the individual level, so don’t underestimate your employees readiness to change.