Terrie is the Founder of Empower Health America (EHA), a research and evidence-based engagement and change management company whose mission is “To transform lives, communities, organizations, and the world by encouraging self-study and empowering mindful action.”
Terrie has over 25 years of experience and EHA provides consulting and service solutions focused on individual, group and organizational change. Key areas of focus include: company culture and brand alignment, health and well-being, awareness and engagement and empowerment and performance.
Terrie is a change agent, seasoned consultant, and master speaker/facilitator and she has designed and implemented over 200 interventions with a wide-range of clients.
Short list of partners/clients: Domino’s Pizza, Queens University, Carolina Breast Friends 501-C3, Lance Snyder, Glen Raven Mills, Sunbelt Rentals, Presbyterian College, American and Efird, Mary Black Hospital System and City of Woodstock.
Terrie has reached millions of people through television, video, workshops, events, conferences, speaking engagements and consulting.
As a researcher and innovator Terrie is always looking for market gaps and needs and as a result, developed and trademarked a new health and well-being model called, Ideal Being® and a personal awareness and development assessment called Train For Life®. Although she doesn’t deploy these tools with all of her clients they can be leveraged based on client goals. You will see the integration of her research around readiness to change, human performance and empowerment, and health and happiness in the model and assessment.
- Creator of the Train For Life® Assessment, Ideal Being® Model and supporting Train For Life® Empowerment Programs
- Creator of the Rising Stronger Empowerment Program designed to help cancer survivors not just cope, but thrive
- Key note speaker for over 200 corporate events, non-profit organizations, youth groups, professional associations, health and wellness summits and State and National SHRM conferences
- 2018 winner of Dancing With The Stars, part of a collaborative effort raising awareness and over $700,000 dollars for Carolina Breast Friends
- An on-air health franchise, Train for Life on News 14 reaching over 2.8 million viewers weekly;
- A weekly fitness segment for News 14 called Turn Back the Clock; and
- A wellness-focused segment called Wellness Wednesdays
- Served as a White House ambassador for the first National Physical Fitness Day
- 3 time National Sportaerobics Champion
- Developed and facilitated a youth program entitled “Operation Jump-Start Slam Dunk Wellness”
- Health and wellness writer with over 100 published articles
- Google Search Inside Yourself Training and Whil Mindfulness Leadership Training
- Intrinsic Coach certified
- Yoga Alliance certified – practicing and teaching for over 18 years
- Facilitator of over 10,000 hours of yoga, meditation, mindfulness, martial arts teaching and training
- National fitness presenter – featured in Shape Magazine
- Produced 10 national health and wellness videos including a boxing video with Sugar Ray Leonard
- Represented fitness products on TV and helped develop the home boxing product Slam Man
In 2003, Terrie launched Wellness Coalition America, a corporate health advocacy company and sold it to Healthgram Medical, a third-party administrator of group health insurance in 2005. She remained on board for 10 years as President, managing the build out and oversight of Healthgram’s health and well-being division.
Why Terrie developed and created the Ideal Being Model and Train For Life Assessment. “Spending over three decades in the health and wellness industry has broadened my perspective of well-being. I view the human body and its potential in a more holistic manner. As Westerners, we tend to take a narrow view at what impacts our health, happiness, personal potential, and overall well-being. Going to the doctor, eating well, exercising, and getting proper sleep are all important aspects of well-being, but I believe there are many more factors that impact someone’s overall health and happiness.”
“Mounting research, peer reviewed articles, and consistent findings from sources such as Gallup, World Health Organization and leading institutions like Johns Hopkins, University of Massachusetts and Duke Integrated Medicine have affirmed and fueled my perspective. This, along with my own life experiences, prompted 10 years of research and inspired me to develop a new well-being model (Ideal Being model) that invites individuals to take inventory of their lives in a more holistic manner. The model encourages people to broaden their perception of health and human potential and to move beyond well-being to what I have trademarked as Ideal Being.” Definition of Ideal Being: Ideal Being is reaching a deep state of happiness and satisfaction in your life by feeling physically, emotionally and spiritually healthy, happy and whole based on what is important to you.
“The Train For Life Assessment is a tool which invites individuals to examine their lives across the 15 different dimensions represented in the Ideal Being model. The assessment helps individuals becoming more aware of their current state and awake to where they are motivated to take action. Coaching and specific programs can be facilitated to help individuals and groups take action, which is an important part of the change process. Our ultimate goal is to empower individuals to change their behavior based on what is important to them. Transformation is not easy but possible. I know my own life has become healthier and more meaningful because I have a deeper understanding of what makes me feel healthy, happy and whole.”
After completion of the Train For Life Assessment, individuals can enroll in Train For Life Coaching and/or Empowerment Programs designed to inspire them to reach their fullest potential in order to thrive in their lives and at work. Programs and coaching components include:
- Personal awareness and core value alignment
- Readiness to change and motivation to take action
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Mindfulness and neuroscience
- Stress management and resiliency training
- Self-care and emotional regulation
- Intrinsic goal setting and intentional decision making
- Individual and leadership development and transformation
Terrie is pursuing her MSOD degree at Queens University and continues to research institutionalizing change, personal development and empowerment…. all primary components of the service solutions EHA provides individuals, teams and organizations.
“You can only create in your life what you can envision in your mind.”
– Terrie Elizabeth Reeves
Interested in having Terrie speak at an event? Click here.